wtorek, 6 kwietnia 2021

Mountain biking through the Rieux-Minervois countryside



Our Erasmus group "To horizon and beyond" took part in a mountain bike trip 

around Rieux on 26 March 2021.

Riding on VTCs (Vélo Tous Chemins), the students meandered through the countryside

between vineyards, pine forests and scrubland.

If, for some cycling is a child's play, for others it was a discovery.

Technical discoveries with a bike with 3 chainrings and 6 sprockets (cassette).

At what height do I put my saddle? How do I adjust my helmet? 

Which chainring to choose?

Discovering how to ride in a group. When do I brake to avoid my friend? 

At what speed do I move to avoid being left behind or to avoid the others.

Discovering the effort. How do I make my effort when climbing? 

When do I pedal when I pass a stream filled with water? How do I move in a single?




Discovering sensations. Juggling with the holes in the vineyard paths, the stones, 

or the small turns in the single. Feeling the wind on your cheeks and hands. 

Small joys when the summit is reached. Great joy on the descents. 

Sharing moments of good humour and mutual support with friends.

The pupils are ready for the next outing, if the health crisis allows it....

Thanks to Mr Gieules for supervising the group.


Bénédicte Tisseyre-Bopp, pour le groupe Erasmus France

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz